After years with the DAC it was time for LampizatOr to introduce an amp. I thought that this introduction would re-define the price point for owning the real deal SET mono amps. Amps that sound as good as 5 figure amps on the market at less than half price and also the super cool super mean looks of the GM 70 triode.
All our know how, experience, passion and resources went into this creation. Not to mention all our reputation at stakes.
We are extremely proud of the amplifier - we managed to realize our plan and we managed to stay within our budget without making any compromise at all. Everything we though was important - is there.
Specification of our monoblocks:
• Single Ended triode mono block integrated amp (no need for a preamp)
• dimensions WHD : 450 x 140 (250 with tubes) x 500 mm
• weight: net 29 kg per each mono before packing (33 kg packed)
• Gross shipping weight of a pair: 77 kg (170 lbs)
• Power consumption: 180 WPC on idle,
• Input impedance: 90 K
• Output impedance (speakers recommended) 4 or 8 Ohm
• Output transformer: OGONOWSKI / Lampizator
• High Voltage transformer: Toroidy.pl
• Biasing: manual (with exposed pot and meter)
• Volume: Stepped input ladder switch (48 SMD resistor pairs)
• Power transformers total capacity: 700 VA. 4 transformers in total per side
• Anode supply: 900 V DC
• Available front colors: black or silver (top always silver)
• Input socket topology: one RCA SE or RCA+XLR for balanced (second input possible)
• Biasing range: -60 to -140 V DC (covers many tube variants)
The amplifier employs only the most radically “kosher” circuit features like:
Single ended triode operation from input to output
Pure Class A
Zero feedback, neither local nor global
Zero solid state parts in audio circuits
Unregulated and over specified supplies
Separate transformers for each task (four in total per side)
Short signal path - from RCA to pot - 2 inches of silver wire, same from pot to first tube, same from the first to the second tube and a hop across one capacitor to main tube without additional wiring.
Power tube bias current is monitored on analog needle meter
No need for triode matching as the bias is set manually.
There is a possibility to compensate aging drift on power tubes
All tubes will be available forever in plentiful supply (only circa 100 USD per pair of graphite GM70, 50 USD for all other tubes)
Pots can be bypassed completely for the “power amp” operation mode.
4 and 8 ohm output taps available for perfect speaker matching